Friday, May 15, 2009

Yes, we've met and I'm doing Tony's film," said the 'Jannat' girl Sonal Chauhan, who herself approached Tony when she came to know about his film.

Sonal rejected a number of projects including the Bhatts' 'Jashan' and finally surfaced in Punjab for shooting M.F. Husain's son Owais Husain's film where she suffered a burn injury.

Speaking from Chandigarh, she said: "It could've been much worse. There I was on a crane, heading towards the sky when these two floodlights came close to my face. No one had any idea how warm the lights were. By the time I was brought down the damage had already been done. I was singed and in pain."

"You know more care is taken during these backwater outstation shootings. I'm now well on the way to recovery. And I love Chandigarh. I don't want to leave this place although our schedule is nearly over," she said.

"The moment I heard Owais' project I knew this was what I wanted to do. I didn't care how commercial it sounded. It just sounded right for me. I've always done what I instinctively felt to be right."

About turning down the Bhatts after they gave her a break in 'Jannat', Sonal said: "I wouldn't say I turned them down. It was just not what I wanted to do at that time. Now I hear Mahesh Bhatt saab himself has directed 'Jashan'. So it must have turned out really special."

Now the latest controversy in Sonal's career is a fake website that someone launched, apparently pretending to be her.

"When I heard about it I couldn't let it go because I was launching my own website. I put my lawyers on to the imposter. We tracked the culprit down and brought him to book. I think it's very important for known people in our entertainment industry to stand up against cyber crimes. We take them too casually and encourage hackers and imposters," said Sonal, who completed a Kannada film after 'Jannat'.

Tony D’Souza, the director of the much-discussed Blue who has worked with beauties like Katrina Kaif, Lara Dutta and Kylie Minogue in his first film, has zeroed in on Sonal Chauhan to play the lead in his second film which will be an action-adventure drama with John Abraham in the lead.
So taken up was the director by the pretty actress that he couldn’t muster the courage to approach her….until Sonal who came to know of Tony’s film, made the first move.
Laughs Sonal, “Yes we’ve met about the film and I’m doing Tony’s film.”
Not much has been heard about the reclusive Jannat girl Sonali Chauhan. After saying no to a number of projects including the Bhatts’ Jashan, Sonali finally surfaced in Punjab for the shooting of M.F Husain’s son Owais Husain’s film.
Only to suffer a painful burn injury.
Speaking from Chandigarh the plucky girl tried to laugh her pain away. “It could’ve been much worse. There I was on a crane,heading towards touching the sky when these two floodlights came close to my face. No one had any idea how warm the light was. By the time I was brought down the damage had already been done.I was singed and in pain.”
Luckily medical help was at hand. “You know more care is taken during these backwater outstation shootings.I’m now well on the way to recovery.And I love Chandirgarh. I don’t want to leave this place although our schedule is nearly over,” says Sonal who completed a Kannada film after Jannat and was waiting for the right Hindi project.
“The moment I heard Owais’ project I knew this was what I wanted to do. I didn’t care how commercial it sounded. It just sounded right for me I’ve always done what I instinctively felt to be right.”
About turning down the Bhatts after they had given her a break like Jannat Sonal protests, “I wouldn’t say I turned them down. It was just not what I wanted to do at that time. Now I hear Mahesh Bhatt Saab himself has directed Jashan. So it must have turned out really special.”
Like it or not Sonal came into the industry in a flurry of controversies. There were scandal about an abusive boyfriend turned stalker, and public scenes with him.
Has this incident put Sonal off love for good? “You’re going by the outside perception of what I went through, That wasn’t love at all. And I’m certainly not off love.I’m just to much into my work right now to think about anything else. I got a dream launch in Jannat. And I couldn’t allow that rare opportunity to be wasted,” says the Rajput girl who’s about the launch her own website.
And that brings us to the latest controversy in Sonal’s career. Apparently someone had launched a fake website pretending to be Sonal Chauhan.
“When I heard about it I couldn’t let it go because I was launching my own website. I put my lawyers on to the imposter. We tracked the culprit down and brought him to book. I think it’s very important for known people in our entertainment industry to stand up against cyber crimes. We take them too casually and encourage hackers and imposters.”

Age: N.A.Height: 5 ft 8 in (173 cms)Weight: N.A.Measurements (Vital Statistics): 33-26-34Occupation: Bollywood Actress, Indian ModelSonal Singh Chauhan is an Indian Fashion Model and Actress. She was crowned as the Miss World Tourism 2005 at Miri, Sarawak state of Malaysia. She was a noteworthy former Miss India contestant. She is the first Indian to have claimed Miss World Tourism title. She has been a popular model of Delhi, and has appeared in a number of advertisement campaigns in print and electronic media.She was born in a Rajput family, originally hailing from the state of Uttar Pradesh (UP). Her father is a police inspector, and She has one elder brother and two younger sisters. She studied in Delhi Public School, Noida and then enrolled in a graduation course in Philosophy in Gargi College in New Delhi.She will be making her bollywood debut in Mukesh Bhatt's Jannat paired opposite Emraan Hashmi to be released in May.Sonal Chauhan Filmography

Sonal Chauhan made her debut in Jannat, and now the pretty Sonal Chauhan is all set to star opposite heartthrob John Abraham in her next film.The actress has signed up for a film to be directed by Tony D’souza, who is currently working on Blue. The actress turned down a number of films before accepting M F Husian’s son Owais Husain’s film. The actress reportedly suffered a burn on the sets.

She made her debut in Jannat, and now the pretty Sonal Chauhan is all set to star opposite heartthrob John Abraham in her next film.
The actress has signed up for a film to be directed by Tony D’souza, who is currently working onBlue. The actress turned down a number of films before accepting M F Husian’s son Owais Husain’s film. The actress reportedly suffered a burn on the sets

The actress has been signed on by veteran painter MF Hussain’s son Owais Hussain for his directorial debut tentatively titled Punjab 69. The film — a fairy tale of sorts set in modern times — has Anurag Sinha of Black and White fame playing Sonal’s love interest, revealed an insider. A source said, “Sonal is very excited about this film. She found Owais very creative and was looking forward to working with him ever since she read the script.Although the film happens to be Sonal’s second in Bollywood, the actress has been quite busy down South and she’s recently wrapped up a film opposite Shivrajkumar.
The source adds, “Many thought that she’s on a sabbatical, but she was only waiting for the right kind of script to come along. And Owais’s script just bowled her over.But while on the professional front the actress has been on a high, personally she’s undergoing a harrowing time, all thanks to an over-zealous fan who’s been stalking her in Chandigarh, where she’s just begun shooting for Hussain’s film.A unit hand revealed, “After the shoot, several fans insisted on meeting Sonal and she obliged. However one fan kept stalking her even after that and even made it to her hotel.
Sonal alerted the security guards who discovered that the guy not only knew her exact room number, her schedule, her other locations but even her flight number!” The production unit has decided not to take it lightly and has shifted Sonal to another hotel and provided added security.

Sonal Chauhan can take this as a compliment or a threat, but as her popularity increases so also the baggage that comes with it. In Jannat Emraan Hashmi’s character nearly stalked her till she fell in love with him. This probably inspired a fan in Chandigarh last week.
There on a shoot for her upcoming film titled Punjab 69 and many fans were hanging around near the shoot location, as is normal when shoots happen outdoors. Post shoot while the heroine was packing up some fans pushed past security and insisted on meeting Sonal. Sonal obliged and met them. One particular boy constantly seemed to be pushing his way towards her. Eventually he asked for an autograph and when Sonal asked for his book he took his palm out for it. Sonal, not comfortable with this, refused to sign and went back to the hotel.Little did she realize that this was just the beginning! At the hotel entrance Sonal found the same boy waiting for her. While entering the hotel she was again stopped by the pushy fan with his hand stretched out. Sonal alerted security and left immediately. The security gaurds spoke to the fan and realized that not only did he know Sonal’s shoot location and hotel, he also knew her exact room number, her schedule, her other locations and even her flight number. Taking this information seriously and avoiding potential trouble the production decided to shift Sonal to another hotel. So 2 am the same night Sonal Chauhan was shifted to a new location along with 4 extra bodyguards and aside from the key people at the shoot no one else was privy to her whereabouts.
Sonal is supposed to finish the patch up work in Chandigarh for the film which is being directed by Owais Hussain (son of painter M F Hussain) within two days. Soon she will be back in Mumbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment